Mrs. Anabel Rodriguez
Welcome to St. Michael’s School community! This is my sixth year as Principal and my 18th year at St. Michael’s. Before becoming Principal, I taught kindergarten and second grade.
St. Michael’s is a small school with a family atmosphere. Our school is a safe oasis for children where we nurture their love of learning and their faith. We have a passionate and motivated group of educators and staff who look forward to working with families to provide a well-rounded foundation for student success. Our Board Members and our parents are dedicated and active in helping raise funds for school programs and activities.
This year, we have departmentalized the second through fourth grades. This means that students rotate during their day to different classrooms where teachers specialize in teaching one or two core subjects. Some of the benefits of departmentalization include: teachers teach the subjects they are passionate about, students have the same teachers for several years, which means those teachers know the child well and how best to help him/her, and teachers can delve more deeply into content.
We believe in developing a child’s mind, body, and spirit. To that end, we strive to provide many learning opportunities inside and out side of the classroom.
We are pleased to provide these programs and activities for this school year:
- Core curriculum consisting of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies using the Blended Learning Rotational Model and supported by online educational programs used on in-class devices
- Departmentalized structure in grades 2-8 to increase student learning
- Coding Classes in 1st through 8th grades
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) project-based learning and STEMscopes
- Robotics in grades 3-8
- Religion classes in all grades
- Comprehensive vocal and instrumental music through our partner, Education Through Music-L.A.
- Physical Education classes twice a week
- Art Trek
- Title I Reading and Math Intervention
- Junior Achievement, a financial literacy program
- CPLA Counseling program that provides peer-group, individual, and family counseling
- Numerous extracurricular activities (sports, tutoring, choir, academic decathlon, dance, etc.)
- Homework assistance and specialized help in Reading and Math through our low-cost afterschool Daycare
There are many ways for students to get involved at St. Michael’s. Please encourage your child to try new activities or sports to build their interests, skills, and perhaps discover a previously unknown talent.
I’m proud of the progress our students have made on the STAR test last year and I look forward to their continued academic growth this year. Thank you for sending your child to St. Michael’s School! I can assure you that your student will receive a quality education in the Catholic tradition.