Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! This is my fourth year as Principal at St. Michael’s and my 16th year at the school. Prior to becoming Principal, I was the kindergarten teacher and the second grade teacher.
St. Michael’s is a small school with a family atmosphere. Our school is a safe oasis for children where we nurture their love of learning and their faith. We have a passionate and motivated group of highly qualified educators and staff who look forward to working with families to provide a well-rounded foundation for student success. Our Development Board and PTO are dedicated and active in helping raise funds for school programs and activities.
There are numerous ways for students to get involved at St. Michael’s. I highly encourage students to try new activities to build their interests, skills, and perhaps discover a talent.
We are pleased to provide these programs and activities for this school year:
- Year-to-year growth in our STAR student achievement
- Blended Learning in TK-8th grades
- Chromebooks in 1st-8th Grades and iPads in TK and Kindergarten
- Coding Classes for 1st to 8th grades
- STEAM Lab with hands-on science
- The Yoga 123 program in 1st and 4th grades
- Love 4 Life, a character development program, in 7th and 8th grades
- Art Trek
- Music class
- Health class
- Physical Education classes twice a week
- Title I Reading and Math Intervention
- CPLA Counseling program that provides peer-group, individual and family counseling
- Numerous extracurricular activities after school (sports, tutoring, gardening, yoga, academic decathlon, etc.)
- After school Reading and Math intervention programs
I look forward to a great school year. Thank you for sending your child to St. Michael’s School!