Mrs. Anabel Rodriguez
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! This is my fifth year as Principal and my 17th year at St. Michael’s. Prior to becoming Principal, I taught kindergarten and second grade.
St. Michael’s is a small school with a family atmosphere. Our school is a safe oasis for children where we nurture their love of learning and their faith. We have a passionate and motivated group of highly qualified educators and staff who look forward to working with families to provide a well-rounded foundation for student success. Our Development Board and our PTO are dedicated and active in helping raise funds for school programs and activities.
There are numerous ways for students to get involved at St. Michael’s. I highly encourage students to try new activities or sports to build their interests, skills, and perhaps discover a talent.
We are pleased to provide these programs and activities for this school year:
- Core curriculum consisting of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies using the Blended Learning Rotation Model and supported by online educational programs
- In-class chromebooks (grades 1-8) and iPads (TK-K) for students’ use
- Coding Classes in1st through 8th grades
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) project-based learning
- Religion classes in all grades
- Comprehensive vocal and instrumental via Education Through Music-L.A.
- Physical Education classes twice a week
- Art Trek
- Title I Reading and Math Intervention
- Love 4 Life, a character development program
- Junior Achievement, which is a financial literacy program
- CPLA Counseling program that provides peer-group, individual, and family counseling
- Numerous extracurricular activities (sports, tutoring, gardening, academic decathlon, dance, etc.)
- After school Reading and Math intervention programs.
I’m proud of the progress our students made on the STAR test last year and I look forward to their continued academic growth this year.
Thank you for sending your child to St. Michael’s School! I can assure you that your student will receive a quality education in the Catholic tradition.