Student Council is open to all students in fourth through eighth grades. An elementary student council presents a unique opportunity for young students to learn organizational, leadership, planning, and teamwork skills, which will prepare them for future leadership roles.
Student Council helps plan school activities and charitable events. These activities vary depending on what the student council decides. Under adult supervision, the Student Council will come up with activity ideas, vote on the ones they will implement, plan all aspects of the activity, and then run the activity. All activities planned and carried out by the student council needs to be approved by the teachers and administrators of the school and should be assisted by adults.
Student Council Members
- President: The President is responsible for representing the student body at all meetings. He/She helps develop the agenda for meetings and manages the meetings.
- Vice President: The Vice President follows the duties of the president when the president is unable to fulfill his/her duties.
- Secretary: The Secretary keeps track of the minutes and handles all communication between the council members.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer handles the funds and keeps financial records.
- Historian: The Historian takes pictures, collects any newspaper clippings or video reports about the council.